LAST UPDATED 1 MAY 2023
Our Commitment to Privacy
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect personal information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, apply for employment, respond to a survey or marketing communication, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, apply for employment, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- For any purpose not in violation of applicable laws.
- To improve the Site.
Usage Tracking: Use of IP Addresses
An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Internet. Web servers, the main computers that serve up web pages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address. As permitted under applicable law, we collect IP addresses for the purposes of system administration, gathering and analyzing aggregated information, creating a better experience for users and auditing the use of our site.
We do not normally link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, which means that your session will be logged, but you remain anonymous to us. We will seek to link your IP address when we feel it is necessary to protect this site and other users from harm and to prevent criminal misconduct. Please see the section on Use of “Cookies.”
Do we use ‘cookies’?
Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users (and information that does not identify any individual or device) without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To any of our subsidiaries and affiliates,
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who may be bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose to them,
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of JDL’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by JDL about our App users is among the assets transferred,
- To third parties to market products or service to you,
- For any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information, and
- For any other purpose allowed under applicable laws.
You should be aware that when you are on our website you could be directed to other third party sites that are beyond our control. There are links to other sites, which take you outside our service. For example, if you “click” on a banner, an advertisement or a search result, the “click” may take you off our site. These other sites may include sites of other advertisers, sponsors and partners. These other sites may send their own cookies to visitors to collect data or solicit information. We do not control these sites and therefore are not responsible for their content. The inclusion of hyperlinks to any other sites by us does not imply any endorsement of the material on such sites, nor any association with their operators.
Our policies do not extend to anything that is inherent in the operation of the Internet, which is beyond our control. Remember that whenever you give out Information online, that information may be collected and used by people you do not know.